So I am very pleased with this dremel bit. I was able to remove the draped cloths from between the wardancer legs with great ease, accurate and clean. Next is the arduous bending of legs to conform to the woodelf steeds. Digging it. (Painting in the two pics above is not my doing, and not what it is going to end up like.)
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Today I assembled the rest of the horses for the army. I then selected the wardancer figs for the two wardancer units, the glade riders, and the wild riders. I took care to have no duplicates in any unit, and I put the bigger hair models in the wild rider unit. Browsing through bits for musician instruments, I noticed the glade rider cloaks. I think the wardancers in the glade rider unit will be adorned with cloaks and spears on their backs and bows on their saddles. This will distinguish the glade riders from the wild riders. I've got enough wardancers left to be hawk riders. Although the hawk rider unit isn't part of my prime path list, I think wardancers riding hawks look fantastic. They will potentially be in my list for softer tournaments, and they'll carry the wardancer theme even further. I also have enough 2nd/3rd edition wardancers with light armour to be a unit of eternal guard if I need to get my core percentage up for tourneys like Core Competency.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
I have gotten a couple things accomplished, and I remain inspired to get pretty far with my time off this month. I've inked the flesh of the archers for the army, and I'm quite happy with it. Looking forward to using the emerick flesh technique on these elves. Gotta say,"I'm a fan." Started assembling the horses for the glade riders and wild riders. Can't wait to get the wardancer riders on them. I've decided to paint stuff on regular bases and move them to GF9 bases once I've worked out a basing plan. This will let me play while I paint without getting delayed by basing trials and decisions.