The dryad conversion work continues.
So I decided to further convert some of my dryads by using a dryad leg with the daemonette torso and leg. First I separated the daemonette bodies with right legs from those with left legs. Turns out there are 5 of each per box, which is nice. Then I compared dryad leg options until I found a good match. I used clippers to get the dryad leg close to shape, and then I carefully carved with an exacto until the leg fit just right. I tried to retain as much detail as possible to minimize green stuff work later.
Next I studied the pieces to figure out the placement and orientation for the pin. I spun the exacto knife on point to make a starting position for the drill. Then I drilled holes in each piece, and cut a paperclip to length for the pin.
I superglued the pin to the leg and put greenstuff in areas that needed to be filled or shaped. Then I applied superglue to the hole in the torso and pressed the pieces together. I used steel modelling tools to press and shape the green stuff. When the superglue was dry, I used a wet teflon colourshaper tool to finish the greenstuff sculpting, smooth edges, and remove fingerprints.
I am quite pleased with how they turned out! This group achieves a nice transition stage for the dryads in their transformation from female spirits to their war aspects. This transformation is the key design element for my tree spirits.