Sunday, January 10, 2010

Wood Elf Update Jan 10th





This weekend I greenstuffed the horses of the army into GF9 magnetic bases. I bent the legs of all the glade riders (5) and wild riders (7) to the horses. It almost took three hands to do this. I used many folds of paper towel to protect their legs from the needle-nose pliers, and I used many small bends to prevent the metal from cracking. I often had to reorient the feet as these had all been foot troops to start out with. I tried to get the bend at the knee that riders would have to hold on to the horse. I then pinned the riders to their horses so they wouldn't just crack off at some tourney during play. The wild rider standard bearer is a very old fig, and his hand fatigued off while I was drilling a hole in it for the standard. So I took the standard arm of the glade riders, cut off the arm, and pinned the hand and standard to his arm. I haven't decided what to do for a standard top, but I'm glad his hand broke now instead of after I got done painting a standard to it. There would be no chance of reattaching his hand in that case.

My wife also wanted the corner of our bedroom cleaned up. So I moved the desk to the basement, and now I have a great work area closer to all my stuff! I should have done that a long time ago.

Next is to add the capes, spears, and bows to the five glade riders. I will pin the sword that broke off of the middle one's right hand and give him a horn in his left hand. I carved the horn out of a glade rider hand to attach onto one of the wild riders as well. Gotta have musicians!

No comments:

Post a Comment